Monday, March 16, 2015

Happy St. Patrick's Day, everyone!


Happy St. Patrick's Day!

      I love my Irish roots and believe in leprechauns. I know, I know...and I love green! I have to admit something....I'd never had corned beef dinner until a few years ago and I love it! I don't remember my mom making this every year, but Mr. Jewel and I do now! LOL The mustard seeds and other seasoning that come in the package add a flavor that I crave this time of year. We add potatoes and sometimes carrots. Mr. Jewel decided this year that instead of water in the crock pot, he's using beer! It's all on cooking for the next day and half so Tuesday evening should be a wonderful dinner.

     What are the yummy things YOU must have to make St Paddy's Day special for you? I've tasted green beer before and it wasn't my favorite. Since we enjoy doing brewery visits, we tried a beer that used the green hops within twenty-four hours of picking. This slightly hoppy brew tasted wonderful and was called Early Green - that was the best 'green' beer I've ever tasted. Mr. Jewel even liked it and he's a dark beer-porter kinda guy so that totally surprised me.
CONTEST:  Leave a comment below (and include your email addy for the drawing) and share with us what you do to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Do you need green beer, do a pub crawl, celebrate with friends, wear GREEN? On Saturday, I'll pick three winners to receive one of my goodie bags filled with author book marks and promo items!

Good luck everyone!
I can't wait to see what you do...

~ BUY LINKS ~

Amazon


(my books are available
via Kindle Unlimited now)

2 comments:

  1. Looks good, I love cabage and have a head I need to cook, problem is I am the only one here that eats it. I have never fixed the corn beef before although I love the corn beef hash you can buy in the cans. It is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wear green

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete